Experience the thrills of being chased by bloodthirsty zombies on this one of a kind 5K course through Field of Screams! You will be immersed in professionally illuminated movie-quality scenes while running through mud, crawling over obstacles, jumping through fire and so much more! You can run this amazing course during the day or for an even more intense experience you may choose to run the same course under the stars!
Do you want to experience the most exciting run of your life?
If you enjoy heart-pounding runs and racing through obstacles, then The Field of Screams 5K Zombie Fun Run is for you! Gather your friends and experience the thrill of running a 5K while being chased by zombies through Field of Screams!
This amazing route will take you right through America’s #1 Haunted Attraction. You will run through parts of our world renowned Haunted Hayride, The Horrifying Den of Darkness Haunted Mansion, and the Creepy Backwoods of The Nocturnal Wasteland. Run, jump, climb, and crawl over natural and man-made obstacles while making your way through packs of hungry zombies.
Each runner will be given a belt with 3 flags on it; each flag represents a life. The goal is to protect these lives from the zombies who are trying to steal them. If you can cross the finish line with at least one life remaining you have "survived." Crossing the finish line with no flags remaining means you have been "infected."
This is not a timed event and all runners will receive a medal at the finish line. Will yours say "Survivor" or "Infected?" The race is on, and there's no telling what you might encounter!
Will you survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
You must have at least four (4) runners to qualify as a team. Registering as a team grants each individual on the team a $5 discount on their runner registration.
To register as a team, the team captain must first create a team, then all runners must join that team. Teams are required to check in together on race day.
Teams checking in with less than four runners will be subject to an additional $5 fee per runner.
Runners need to know:
- The Zombie Fun Run is a rain or shine event
- The course is the same for the day and the night waves
- Flashlights or headlights are recommended but not required for the night waves
- Runners 12 and older may register under any wave time
- Runners under 12 are recommended to register for the 11am, 11:30am and 12pm wave time.
- Runners may also register as zombies. Allow a 30 minute timeframe after your zombie shift and before your runner wave or a minimum of 2 hours after your running wave start time and before your zombie shift. During the registration process, you will be given the option to also register as a zombie.
- Working as a team is encouraged, there is a registration discount for teams of 4 or more runners
- If you can cross the finish line with at least one life remaining you have survived. Crossing the finish line with no flags remaining means you have been infected. All runners will finish the race and receive a medal.
- You may skip an obstacle if you are unable to complete it but it may result in the loss of a flag as a penalty
- Water obstacles may be on the course depending on the weather conditions
- Water obstacles may be avoided without penalty
- NO REFUNDS – you may transfer your registration to another participant by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the new information before October 31, 2022. There is a transfer fee of $10.